21. DO aim for the quality of these pro artists. But again, do not let them stunt you.
22. You’ll reach a point where your music is actually on par with professionals and you’ll only recognize it looking back.
23. It doesn’t matter what DAW you use.
24. The final production is what matters — not how it’s made.
25. I repeat. The final production is what matters — not how it’s made.
26. Don’t ever make excuses with regards to tools. You can make amazing music with 100% free software. Remember that $400 you spent on synths that Deadmau5 was known to use? You’ll use those for about two songs.
27. New tools do provide opportunities for new directions. Spice up your production once in a while by acquiring a new plugin, sample pack, or instrument.
28. You know that guitar you’ve played for half your life? Stop pretending you don’t want to use it and get an interface. I recommend this one.
29. Invest in a solid microphone to go with that interface. I recommend this one.
30. There are four tiers of audio
2. Solid enough for pro use. Consumer level pricing.
3. “Pro” which is marginally better than number 2.
4. Expensive. Tier two is good enough. Ignore the rest. When you make a living off of music you can splurge.